Slow cooker venison stew
- 2 packs of venison chunks,
- half a head of garlic,
- 2 red onions,
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 chorizo
- 250ml beef stock
- 125ml red wine
- 2x tinned tomatotes
- prepare everything in the pan,
- fry onions, garlic, carrots, chorizon (not all at once)
- brown the venison
- season with salt and pepper,
- transfer to a slow cooker.
- deglaze the pan with the beef stock,
- add the red wine, cook off the alcohol.
- add the sauce from the pan and the canned tomatoes to the slow cooker.
- the sauce should be sitting at the same level as the meat.
- add some tried thyme stir,
- cover, cook for 6-7 hours
Notes & thoughtsneeds a bit of heat.