- 1 mug easy cook long grain rice
- 2/3 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot or onion
- finely dice the garlic and shallot
- rinse the rice till the water runs clear
- in a small pot, heat some olive oil and soften the shallot (not brown)
- add the garlic and when it starts to become fragrant add the rice with a pinch of salt to taste.
- turn the rice in the hot pan then add 2x the amount of water to rice.
- Cover, bring to a boil then reduce to a very low simmer for 10 min
- Taste to ensure the rice is cooked, drain and then serve.
Notes & thoughtsSometimes its fun to add a 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric or cinnamon to this tweak the colour/flavour profile