Scallops and chorzio with chilli and parsley
- 110 grams chorizo
- 400 grams small scallops (halve them to make 2 thinner discs if they are very fat)
- juice of ½ lemon
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh chillis
- Slice the chorizo into rounds no thicker than 3mm / 1/8 inch.
- Heat a heavy-based pan on the hob and, when hot, dry-fry the chorizo rounds until crisped on either side (the chorizo will give out plenty of its own oil); this should take no more than 2 minutes.
- Remove the chorizo to a bowl and fry the scallops in the chorizo-oil for about 1 minute a side.
- Return the chorizo to the pan with the scallops, add the lemon juice and let bubble for a few seconds before arranging on a serving plate and sprinkling with lots of parsley.
- sprinke diced chilli and serve with a wedge of lemon
Notes & thoughtsThis dish was surprisingly easy, chorizo in a hot pan till the oil comes out, add the chilli and remove chorizo and add scallops, cooked until I thought they were almost cooked, and then plated them, dumped a small amount of parsley over the top of each