One pot cajun rice v2.0
- Oven to 180 fan
- Using skin on chicken, rub the chicken breast in cajun, salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Sear skin side down on a high heat to crispy skin.
- turn and brown the outside. Remove from the pan.
- reduce to a medium/low heat add some olive oil to the pan,
- fry some pancetta up,
- once it starts to crisp, onion, garlic, celery and red pepper (all diced)
- when softened add 2 cups brown rice and a big pinch of salt
- fry on a medium/high heat until the rice begins to pop.
- Add twice as much water as you have rice and put in the oven for 20 min uncovered
- When the time is up, add the chicken on top of the rice skin side up.
- put the pot back in the oven for another 20min.
Notes & thoughts