Morroccan mint tea
- 1 tablespoon loose Chinese gunpowder green tea
- 5 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large bunch fresh mint leaves (1 ounce)"
- Add the green tea in teapot and pour in 1 cup boiling water
- Swirl gently then swirl gently to warm pot and rinse tea. (skipping this step makes it overly bitter)
- Strain out and discard water, reserving tea leaves in pot.
- Add remaining 4 cups boiling water to tea and let steep 2 minutes.
- Stir in honey and steep 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Serve in small heatproof glasses from a low pour to a high pour to aerate.
Notes & thoughts