- 2/3 cup (1 cup === 237ml) (double cream) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 170g fine-quality 50% cocoa chocolate (preferably sweetened)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bring cream, honey, sugar, cocoa, salt, and half of chocolate to a boil in a 1 to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat,
- Stirring, until chocolate is melted.
- Reduce heat and cook at a low boil, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add butter, vanilla, and remaining chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Cool sauce to warm before serving. (if making chocolate balls serve immediately)
Notes & thoughtsSauce can be made 1 week ahead and cooled completely, then chilled in an airtight container or jar. Reheat before using.