Dates rolled in turkey breast
- 4 turkey breasts (This will also work with a large breast of turkey)
- 1 chorizo ring
- 2 dates per turkey breast.
- Open like a book and stuff
- Soak dried dates overnight in warm water to soften (or at least a couple of hours, microwaved 30s to speed up the process a little)
- Take a Chorizo ring and cut in to sections about the same length as the dates.
- cut the chorizo sections, lengthwise in to quarters, so that you have 'batons' of chorizo
- slice open the date, lengthwise and use it to wrap the chorizo batons.
- Place two stuffed dates at the end of the turkey breast and roll into a cylinder.
- tie the rolled turkey breast with butcher twine or, use toothpicks to secure.
- coat the rolled turkey in olive oli, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and leave to one side.
- slice some remaining chorizo into small chunks and in a pan with some oil, cook until crispy.
- Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to lift the chorizo out of the oil and drain on some kitchen paper.
- in the same pan sear the turkey breasts on all sides on a medium heat and then drop the temperature to low and cover.
- leave to cook for 10-15 minutes, until the turkey registers ~74 degrees.
- Once cooked, let the turkey rest for a couple of minutes, cut off the twine and slice.
- Serve with some rice and salad and the chorizo chunks from before.
Notes & thoughts