- 1 cup of dark chocolate plus extra for cooling
- use 10cm ball moulds
- Start off by bringing 1 cup dark callebaut chocolate chips to 101°F, using the double broiling method. Gently mix the chocolate as it slowly melt to ensure all of the solids liquefy.
- Once the chocolate is thoroughly melted and up to temperature, remove it from the stove and mix in a few chocolate chips to cool the mixture. Gently stir in the chocolate chips until the mixture is smooth and approximately 89-90°F.
- Once the chocolate is tempered to 89-90°F, pour the liquid into your chocolate mold about a quarter of the way up. Be sure to coat all sections of your mold. Then allow it to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes. Flip every 2-3 minutes to ensure is cools evenly.
- Once cooled, remove from the mold.
- I like to smooth out the middle seam with a warm spatula, but this is optional. If you prefer a shiny sphere, skip this step.
- Next you will want to heat up a plate or pyrex container and gently press the sphere onto the dish, in order to melt the bottom of the chocolate globe. This should leave you with a perfect cavity to fill the sphere with whatever you desire.
- Once the sphere is filled to your liking, heat your favourite topping and pour on top of the chocolate sphere. All that is left to do is enjoy!
Notes & thoughtsuse 10cm ball moulds