Originally from: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chunky-oven-chips
- 750g Desirée potato (about 3 medium large), peeled
- groundnut oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to its highest setting, ideally 250C/fan 230C/gas 9.
- Cut each potato into 1cm-wide slices, then into 1cm-thick sticks.
- Blanch in a large pan of boiling water for 3 mins, then drain well.
- Shake the potatoes out onto a roasting pan, drizzle with oil, ensuring each chip is evenly coated, then season well.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins, turning the potatoes at least twice, until golden brown and crisp.
Notes & thoughtsYou can als coat these in cajun seasoning. Tried with rooster potatoes, skin on came out nice. Need to try Maris Piper next time They may need about 25 minutes. Turned 3 times.