Baked onion bhaji
Originally from: https://www.netmums.com/recipes/baked-onion-bhajis
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100g chickpea flour
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 4 tbsp water"
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the finely sliced onions and turmeric.
- Cook on a low heat for ten minutes until the onions soften
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add all the other dry ingredients - mix well
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato puree and water
- Then add to the bowl of onions and mix well
- Preheat the oven to 180'C/Gas mark 4
- On a greased baking tray, place a tablespoon of the mixture
- Flatten down slightly using the back of the spoon
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture
- Cook in the oven for around 15 minutes
Notes & thoughtsWould add salt and make the bhajis smaller, made 8 in last batch, should be double that. Doubled the turmeric, 1/2 in the dry mix the other to the cooking onions.